Thursday, August 4, 2011

catching up on the last 2 weeks!

7 weeks of Summer Project have already come and gone.....weird. I'm currently sitting in Port City Java (a local favorite here in Wilmington) and thinking back on the last 2 months that I spent in Oregonia, Ohio..a place that probably doesn't come to your mind when you first think "summer missions project". Well, it wasn't on my list of places to travel this summer either, but that's where I ended up and I don't regret it one bit.

I don't think I could really write about everything that happened in the last 2 weeks, so I hope a summary list suffices!

The last 2 weeks consisted of:
FUN
kids
challenges
learning & growing
hugs [lots and lots :)]
camp songs
paintball (I have 2 battle scars to prove it)
rafting
30 ft. power pole (climbed it, stood on top, jumped off...nbd)
ice cream
time with new friends & old friends
cows (hello free Chick-fil-a!)
Euchre
fun car rides
tears
dancing
goodbyes :(

I think I can officially say that this summer at King's Domain was the best I've experienced. I learned so much about myself, others, and my relationship with Christ. I got to hang out with kids at CAMP (one of my favorite things ever!). Most importantly, I made friends with some amazing people who I miss very much!

Thank you so much to everyone who made this summer possible for me...King's Domain will always have a very special place in my heart. Who knows? Maybe I'll return in the future..... :)

I love you all very much!
Kayla

coming soon: "favorite memories of the summer"

some of the girls before our banquet

2 of my campers from Week 4!

with Andrea and Jenn at Graeter's

eat more chicken!

on top of the power pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment