Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Project has arrived!

Well, despite being a complete airport newbie, I made it to Ohio! I even found my checked luggage with no hassle AND I was able to lift it by myself haha. I'm currently sitting in the airport awaiting the shuttle that should come in a few hours, so I figured I might as well write a quick little update (not sure if anyone actually reads this, but it gives me a way to entertain myself, so I'll just keep writing :). Unfortunately, I'm running on less than 4 hours of sleep...it has become a trend that anytime I go on a long(ish) trip that involves flying (this trip to Ohio being my 3rd) I fail at sleeping the night before. I'm not sure exactly why, perhaps a slight case of the nerves, but I do enjoy flying so I don't really know what that's about. I'd say it's more excitement because I'm about to spend 7 weeks in a foreign place meeting tons of new people (one of my fave things ever!) and hanging out with kids. Add Jesus on top of that and this summer is probably going to be one of the best ever.

(Just saw 2 birds flying around inside the airport...I'm pretty sure that's not normal)

And a big shout out to my not-so-little sister who turned the big one-eight today!! Time sure has flown by...we are getting so old.


I hope everyone is enjoying your summer no matter where you might be!
Love from Ohio, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment